State, Local and Education
Technology Adoption, Use and Management
State, local and educational organizations have to contend with increasingly complex challenges, utilize new technology to meet those challenges and do so with austere budgets and limited resources. Iron Bow works with our state, local and education clients to streamline technology adoption, use and management.
Helping organizations use today’s technology innovations to deliver better service to citizens:
Cloud – Cloud technology plays an integral role in the future of IT. Organizations are seeking out the best methods to move legacy technologies into the cloud, often requiring a multi-cloud approach.
- IronTarget™ – Iron Bow’s Reference Architecture solution powers this hybrid approach offering a quick and easy route to cloud infrastructures, while also providing a single point of management for the various platforms.
Collaboration – Remote work, dispersed teams and 24×7 connectivity are the new norm in the workplace. Users now expect a consumer-like experience when using business applications. Iron Bow collaboration experts partner with you to leverage existing investments in hardware, IT infrastructure and software to meet these demands. Our modern collaboration solutions include audio and video conferencing, collaboration applications, and in-room AV systems, all which are designed to be quickly adopted by end users while lightening the burden on IT.
Distance Learning – When education providers need to conduct virtual classes and expand distance learning capabilities, Iron Bow Technologies is here to keep your classrooms connected, so learning doesn’t have to stop:
- Basic Webex Training for Instructors
- Basic training for Students
- Technical troubleshooting during implementation
Cyber Security – It’s not if, but when you’ll be breached. Iron Bow security experts inspect your infrastructure as a whole to help design security solutions to support how your employees access and use data. We design solutions to achieve resiliency by minimizing risk and maximizing technology investments.
Data Center – New technologies are transforming the expectations we have of our IT investments and the data center must continue to transform to keep up with this evolution. Iron Bow is trained and certified on all the latest technologies to drive your data center modernization goals.
Digitization + IoT – The next step toward digitization is making sense of all of the new data being captured by Internet of Things (IoT). Iron Bow draws on decades of network experience to help clients evolve their systems to accept these new streams of data and turn them into actionable insight.
Managed Services – Iron Bow’s managed service offerings, IronCare™, provide our clients with enterprise technical support, remote monitoring, management and maintenance of technology solutions and systems, enabling agencies and organizations to stay focused on their core mission.
- Iron Bow’s Unified Communications Manager Cloud (UCM) for Government and Commercial –Powered by Cisco, this solution provides cloud-based unified communication and collaboration applications within a highly secure, virtualized platform under a centralized management system. This approach meets federal cloud mandates, reduces costs and easily connects end users on any device, resulting in reduced IT complexity for your agency. UCM is easily scaled to the size of your agency.
- IronCare Device as a Service – Traditional device procurement creates a cycle that often results in outdated technical capabilities as well as technology and financial risk. IronCare Device as a Service (DaaS) streamlines device lifecycle management while optimizing device-related costs and reducing enterprise risk. IronCare DaaS moves the costs associated with devices from capex to a predictable opex model.
Mobility + End User Devices – Today’s mobile mindset is transforming business processes and requires strategic planning to integrate the right components to fit your specific environment and needs. Iron Bow works with you to meet this mobile demand securely and efficiently.
Networking – Your network is the backbone of your IT system. Yet, it may be the oldest part of your infrastructure. We can help design, optimize and secure network technology and investments.
Physical Security – Controlling and understanding who accesses public buildings is critical to both physical and cyber security. Iron Bow’s audio visual capabilities encompass camera installation, networking, and IoT integration for access control and smart building/city initiatives.
Telehealth – Iron Bow Healthcare Solutions continues to be on the leading edge of developing, deploying and implementing solutions that enable healthcare providers to consult with patients outside the traditional office or ER environment. Virtual care solutions expand the delivery of healthcare from first responders in the field to school-based programs enabling patients better access to care from anywhere.
Our services and solutions are available through a number of contract vehicles including:
- Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MECH)
- NASPO ValuePoint – Data Communications MA #AR233
- National Association of State Procurement Officers (NASPO) ValuePoint
- National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance (NCPA)
- OMNIA Partners – Cyber Security Solutions and Associated Products and Services
- OMNIA Partners – Technology Solutions, Products and Services
- Pennsylvania Education Purchasing Program (PEPPM) Technology Purchasing Cooperative
- Virginia Association of State College and University Purchasing Professionals (VASCUPP)
- Virginia Higher Education Procurement Consortium (VHEPC)
To see additional Iron Bow contract vehicles, click here.
Iron Bow in Action
Reducing Capital Risk and Budget
A state alcoholic beverage control authority (ABC) wanted to move to a Device as a Service model for its 700 administrative employees. Iron Bow is procuring, issuing and providing tier 3 dispatch on over 1,000 laptops, desktops, and mobile devices. This solution reduces the capital expense investment and risk for the ABC while ensuring that all devices remain up to date with the latest security.
Implementing Continuous Risk Monitoring
Iron Bow is working with a state government to implement a more holistic security infrastructure that allows for continuous monitoring and data protection. Utilizing technology from Tenable, the state can now assess networks for vulnerabilities on an ongoing basis and quickly implement action plans for remediation. The customer is applying this solution to assess the readiness of counties for local and national elections.
Meeting the Collaboration Needs of a Modern Workforce
A state medical system needed to update the technology used in their board room and conference rooms throughout their facilities for a more reliable and fully-featured collaboration experience. In the board room that seats 30, Iron Bow designed a system that included a video wall with supplemental screens to ensure everyone would be able to see presented material. The solution also included a digital whiteboard for real-time editing and annotation of documents. All technology can be remotely managed for routine maintenance and real-time troubleshooting. This solution drove the development for corporate standards around AV and collaboration technology leading to a more consistent experience across the entire organization.
Powering IT Infrastructure
Iron Bow has worked with numerous state, local and educational organizations to recommend, procure, configure and install network infrastructure for new buildings and technology refreshes. This includes providing technology solutions for wireless networks, data centers, and voice systems.
State, Local + Education Overview
OMNIA Partners + Iron Bow – Cyber Security Solutions Contract
OMNIA Partners + Iron Bow Technology Solutions, Product and Services Contract
Video Conferencing and Audio Visual
IronCare Device as a Service
Technical expertise in leading and emerging technologies - we understand how to make technology live up to its promise.
From managed service offerings to standard hardware procurement, we'll work with you to get the right technology deployed for your organization.
We work to understand your mission and workflow so that solutions conform to your organization, creating strong buy-in from users.