Infographic: Preparing to Invest: 5 Things to Consider When Moving to Video Conferencing-as-a-Service
With federal buying season in full swing we are focusing on making wise IT investments that will help agencies better collaborate and innovate. Earlier we looked specifically at big data and shared best practices in data management. This week, we are looking at collaboration and video.
Video has come a long way. Organizations have moved from bulky video devices that ate up bandwidth and could only be used in allocated stations, to using more consumer friendly services like Skype, Facetime and Google Hangouts. Enterprise video is keeping up with the demands of users, with the emergence of Video-Conferencing-as-a-Service (VCaaS). Videxio, an Iron Bow partner and a VCaaS provider, recently released this infographic that explains the history of enterprise video, its importance for collaboration and how it has evolved to the cloud for better cost effectiveness.
While the move to a cloud-based service has many benefits, it’s important to look at these top 5 considerations before you invest:
- Quality and Performance: Now that video goes beyond the desktop and conference room, and is delivered to any device at any time, does the video quality and performance keep up with your new demands?
- Compatibility: Different departments may have different systems. Make sure the video can be delivered to these systems seamlessly.
- Bandwidth and IT: Before making an investment, understand your bandwidth needs and if your IT networks can handle the video delivery.
- Scalability: As your video needs grow, make sure your video solution is able to grow with you and accommodate your needs.
- Security: As with any cloud solution, security is critical. Make sure cloud providers meets the security needs of your organization.
Want to learn more? Click here to view Videxio’s Infographic.