As military organizations constantly evolve their cybersecurity measures to stay ahead of evolving threats, data security is paramount. Enter a groundbreaking partnership between Iron Bow and BAE Systems, to alleviate multi-domain, multi-level security concerns with XTS Guard 7 to DoD customers. This cutting-edge multi-directional guard is a game-changer in securing sensitive data at all classification levels and is compliant with the National Security Agency's (NSA) Raise-the-Bar (RTB) requirements. The NSA’s RTB is “a strategy for improving cross domain solution security and capabilities from a design, development, assessment, implementation, and ease of use perspective.”
BAE Systems’ XTS Guard 7 is a high assurance cross-domain solution (CDS) that enables secure sharing of structured and unstructured data between networks of varying security classifications. It’s engineered to support automated data transfers between networks, domains, and electronic assets with ease, in a variety of operational environments.
Key Features and Benefits of XTS Guard 7
XTS Guard 7 provides Secure File Transfer (SFTP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Data Synch Guard protocol (DSG), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), and Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP/s) along with the following improvements:
- STOP™ Secure Operating System: The XTS Guard 7 is built on BAE Systems' secure operating system, STOP™. The kernel enforced security functions form the foundation of system integrity and security domain separation. STOP also provides much needed heterogeneity of operations systems to mitigate threat propagation, as defined in RTB, providing the most secure architecture possible.
- Robust Security Controls: The system employs multiple mandatory access controls, rules, and role-based policies to enforce security at the kernel level.
- Reduced Vulnerabilities: By maintaining the source code in-house, the XTS Guard 7 reduces vulnerabilities to outside accessibility. Its kernel footprint is smaller compared to most common operating systems, resulting in a reduced attack surface.
- Flexibility: Flexible configuration options for up to 15 discreet security domains, with multiple discreet data flows meet a variety of application needs, making it adaptable to different deployment scenarios.
- Scalability: This guard is suitable for both enterprise and -rugged deployments, available on standard servers and small form factor hardware. It supports connections between multiple domains and networks, ensuring scalability.
- Deep Content Inspection: The XTS Guard 7 offers RAIN compliant deep content inspection and various filtering options for complex, fixed format, and unstructured data, including anti-virus, schema validation, plug-in support, and multiple filters. The plethora of filtering options allow XTS Guard 7 to inspect various mission data types in a single unit.
Empower the Warfighter. Execute Innovation. Enable Readiness
For over three decades, Iron Bow has served as a trusted partner to the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) across all branches. With a commitment to empower the warfighter, execute innovation, and enable readiness, Iron Bow has consistently demonstrated its dedication to enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of the armed forces.
Through a long-standing partnership with the DoD, Iron Bow has leveraged its expertise to provide innovative solutions and cutting-edge technologies that support military readiness and empower the warfighter on the front lines. With a track record of excellence spanning more than 30 years, we’re ready to help DoD customers ensure readiness and success of our nation's defenders.
Ultimately, XTS Guard 7 is a powerful security solution to help enhance military data security. Iron Bow and BAE Systems’ partnership ensures that military organizations have access to the most advanced and effective CDS solutions available, giving them a critical edge in today's complex threat landscape.
Stay tuned for our next blog in this mini-series covering BAE Systems’ next-generation data transfer solution.
Ready to get started? Contact our team of experts.